Sales Development Representative
What we are building
Datafold is a data observability platform that helps Data teams move faster and with higher confidence by automating data quality analysis, monitoring, and common repetitive tasks in data engineering workflow. It’s a category-defining product in a rapidly growing data domain.
As businesses increasingly rely on Analytics and Machine Learning, Data teams are facing unprecedented complexity of data and infrastructure. Lack of visibility into data quality and performance of data pipelines causes massive inefficiencies and costly business mistakes. You can read more about our vision and our view of the data ecosystem in our blog.
If you are not very familiar with the data domain, the nature of our product is similar to APM tools such as Prometheus, Datadog and New Relic: we collect and integrate metadata about our customers data infrastructure, pipelines and datasets and provide valuable insights.
Our product has been rapidly evolving and is already regularly used by over 100 data professionals from companies including Patreon and Thumbtack.
We are a highly technical team with deep expertise in the Data domain: our founders built real-time telemetry systems and scaled some of the world’s largest data platforms at Autodesk and Lyft. Our company is backed by top-tier investors including YCombinator & NEA.
Now is a unique time to join our team since, on the one hand, we already have great momentum behind us –product, customers, investors, funding – but on the other hand, there is so much ahead and so many opportunities for the early team members to shape our product, technical stack, and culture.
Since the very beginning, our team has been remote & working from multiple continents and time zones. We value strong work ethics, honesty, and a growth mindset and are looking for mature and well-organized professionals who are excited about building a new and innovative product that will redefine how organizations use data.
About the Role
As our first Sales Development Manager, you will own the top of the sales funnel, help us acquire strategic customers and play the lead role in establishing this function at the company.
What You Will Do
- Work with the founder and CEO on a daily basis to help grow our customer base through identifying potential customers, qualifying them, scheduling demos and driving them to close.
- Track and nurture outbound & inbound leads until they convert
- Reach out to new prospects daily through email, LinkedIn and other channels (200+ per week)
- Constantly look for the best prospecting channels and ways to meet our target audience
- Build the relationship with prospects that are not yet ready to purchase by providing them relevant information via drip campaigns using tools like Hubspot
- Be the CRM owner and keep our data clean and structured
- Report your weekly outcomes of leads developed, new leads added and any field sales intelligence; keep records and generate reports on all phases of activities ready for CEO to review at any time
- Shadow demo meetings and eventually drive demos yourself
- Document your process in detail using Notion to be able to train your next hire
- You value professional development and have an ambition to grow into a senior or leadership role.
- You exhibit empathy and are a great listener. Our customers often come to us feeling the pain but without an idea for what the solution is. You are good at absorbing the information, learning and synthesizing.
- You are process-oriented and have built or executed a successful sales cycle before. You know what to look for in tools and are obsessed about improving productivity.
- You are metrics-driven. You live by targets and actuals and can identify the bottlenecks in your funnel.
- It's all about team for you. Our product is loved by customers but it's definitely not feature complete. You know how to work cross-functionally and to balance promises with the reality.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-growth, all-remote environment. When things are unclear you don't panic but take ownership and communicate proactively.