Data Quality Meetup #8
Host: Gleb Mezhanskiy
Guests/Speakers: Lindsay Murphy, Jared Noynaert, Sonal Goyal, Ali Khalid and Will Sweet.
If you'd like to attend the next Meetup, or be a Speaker/Panelist, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Improving Data Quality at Maple
By: Lindsay Murphy, Director of Data & Analytics at Maple
Learn from Lindsay Murphy, Director of Data & Analytics at Maple, about data testing and data quality at getmaple.ca
During this talk, Lindsay covers:
1. Early Data Quality at Maple
2. Maple's Data Quality Journey
3. Continuing to Improve Data Quality
Defense in Depth: Data Quality at Crane
By: Jared Noynaert, Vice President of Data & Analytics at Crane Worldwide Logistics
Understand how a leading logistics company, Crane Worldwide Logistics considers Data Quality and Data Testing.
Jared, Vice President of Data & Analytics at Crane, discusses:
1. Overview of his team
2. Motivations for Data Quality - and why it matters to the business
3. How his team approaches solving for Data Quality & Data Testing
4. Examples of how to apply modern data quality & data testing practices
Entity Resolution: Needs & Challenges
By: Sonal Goyal, Co-founder at Zingg.ai
Sonal Goyal, co-founder of Zingg.ai, joins us to speak about how her company is enabling customer 360 platforms through their proprietary use of Entity Resolution.
Sonal's discussion consists of:
1. Challenges surrounding creation of customer data platforms
2. An overview of Identity / Entity Resolution
3. How Zingg.ai can help
4. How Zingg.ai works - open source ML framework
Scaling Data Quality: CI Pipelines
By: Ali Khalid, Creator & Author of Entalytica.com
Ali Khalid, creator and author of Entalytica.com, joins the Meetup to discuss Scaling Data Quality with CI Pipelines.
Ali's talk consists of:
1. Data Quality Challenges for Data Engineers
2. A double-click on CI Pipelines
3. How to leverage CI Pipelines to drive Data Quality
dbt & Data-Diff
By: Will Sweet, Head of Data & Product Experience at Datafold
Will Sweet, Head of Data & Product Experience, at Datafold - joins the Data Quality Meetup to soft-launch our open-source dbt integration.
He uses this time to discuss:
1. Introduce our open-source data-diff integration with dbt
2. The value prop
3. How it works: Combining data-diff with dbt
4. A Demo
Data Quality Meetup
To see a full recording of the Data Quality Meetup, you can watch from our YouTube Channel - link below.
Datafold is the fastest way to validate dbt model changes during development, deployment & migrations. Datafold allows data engineers to audit their work in minutes without writing tests or custom queries. Integrated into CI, Datafold enables data teams to deploy with full confidence, ship faster, and leave tedious QA and firefighting behind.